From a Facebook personage. He has good stuff on his timeline.
Archive for the ‘Conservative’ Category
Posted in Conservative, Personal Responsibility, Politics, tagged Conservative, Federal government of the United States, God, President of the United States, Supreme Court of the United States, United State, United States Congress on 1 February 12| Leave a Comment »
For your friends who identify as moderates, independents, or even Democrats who have expressed disappointment with Democrat leadership…
You may be a conservative and not even know it. Do you identify with a majority of the following statements?
- The Constitution limits the federal government, and should thereby work to prevent government’s intrusion into the lives of citizens.
- Some responsibilities of government are – and should be – reserved for the President, some for Congress, some for the Supreme Court, some for the states, and some for people to work out by themselves, including by forming voluntary associations.
- It isn’t the responsibility of the President or the federal government in general to try to solve all problems.
- Changing something through law or government policy can make things worse.
- Human rights are God-given or natural, not granted by governments.
- People should be as free as possible to enjoy the fruits of their own decisions and work.
- People should generally be free to do what they want with what they own, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of other people.
- There are real differences between men and women in addition to reproductive organs.
- Both masculinity and femininity have value and contribute positively to society.
- Parents should be responsible for and have authority over their own minor children, only overridden by government intrusion when they demonstrate they are neglectful or otherwise abusive parents.
- Unless one of them is abusive, it is best that children are raised with both their mother and father who are married to each other.
- It is better that a baby be born and adopted by such a family than for the baby’s mother to have an abortion.
- If someone who practices a religion you don’t says they do or will pray for you, you respond with “thank you”, not negativity or hostility.
- People should be treated differently by government based on what they do, not their skin color, ethnicity, beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- Since immigrants choose to come here, they need to adapt enough to live by our laws and policies; we’re under no obligation to change to accommodate their traditions.
- Our nation should defend itself with force, which will sometimes involve killing people and breaking things in other countries.
If you identify with these, or a majority of them, you just may be a conservative. So will you vote accordingly with your wallet, your time, your words, and your actual votes?
- Changing the Liberal Mindset that Americans Have Unwittingly Come To Accept (politics247.wordpress.com)
- A DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER. “It is a dangerous game that Democrats play, one that requires constant ra… (pjmedia.com)