For your friends who identify as moderates, independents, or even Democrats who have expressed disappointment with Democrat leadership…
You may be a conservative and not even know it. Do you identify with a majority of the following statements?
- The Constitution limits the federal government, and should thereby work to prevent government’s intrusion into the lives of citizens.
- Some responsibilities of government are – and should be – reserved for the President, some for Congress, some for the Supreme Court, some for the states, and some for people to work out by themselves, including by forming voluntary associations.
- It isn’t the responsibility of the President or the federal government in general to try to solve all problems.
- Changing something through law or government policy can make things worse.
- Human rights are God-given or natural, not granted by governments.
- People should be as free as possible to enjoy the fruits of their own decisions and work.
- People should generally be free to do what they want with what they own, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of other people.
- There are real differences between men and women in addition to reproductive organs.
- Both masculinity and femininity have value and contribute positively to society.
- Parents should be responsible for and have authority over their own minor children, only overridden by government intrusion when they demonstrate they are neglectful or otherwise abusive parents.
- Unless one of them is abusive, it is best that children are raised with both their mother and father who are married to each other.
- It is better that a baby be born and adopted by such a family than for the baby’s mother to have an abortion.
- If someone who practices a religion you don’t says they do or will pray for you, you respond with “thank you”, not negativity or hostility.
- People should be treated differently by government based on what they do, not their skin color, ethnicity, beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- Since immigrants choose to come here, they need to adapt enough to live by our laws and policies; we’re under no obligation to change to accommodate their traditions.
- Our nation should defend itself with force, which will sometimes involve killing people and breaking things in other countries.
If you identify with these, or a majority of them, you just may be a conservative. So will you vote accordingly with your wallet, your time, your words, and your actual votes?