Islamist militants explode five bombs in Nigeria
Reuters, Sun, Dec 25 09:13 AM EST
On one of the Holiest days of the year for Christians around the world, Islamists try to bomb out Christians. They have destroyed several Churches and have killed in excess of 27 people. The bombs went off during services for Christmas.
It is very difficult to love people who are trying to kill us and destroy our Churches, but we must try. But remember, loving them does not mean we should not bring them to justice for the deeds they have committed.
Lord, have mercy! News like this makes it hard to remember that on Christmas we celebrate the Birthday of the King of Kings.
- In Nigeria’s North, Deadly Clashes With an Islamist Group – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Blasts Rock Nigerian Churches, Kill at Least 25 (newser.com)
- Bomb in Nigerian Church Causes Deaths at Christmas (nytimes.com)
- You: Nigeria clashes kill at least 68, say officials (guardian.co.uk)
- Nigerian church bombed during Christmas prayers (guardian.co.uk)
- Nigeria church bombing kills at least 25 (cbc.ca)
- “Nigerian Taliban” church bombings kill scores (cbsnews.com)
- Explosion rips through church near Nigeria capital (mysanantonio.com)
- -Nigeria: Muslim Attacks on Christians Continue -45 Killed (answersforthefaith.com)
- -Nigeria: Islamists Kill 150 Christians (answersforthefaith.com)