2 December 13
I was reminded of Tennessee Ernie Ford when my Facebook friend, Barbie R, posted a YouTube of him. Sit back and take a trip down memory lane – and if you are too young for that, then be amazed and develop a new favorite! Enjoy!!
Tennessee Ernie Ford and His Sons Singing
Peace In The Valley By Tennessee Ernie Ford
One Day at a Time Tennessee Ernie Ford
Tennessee Ernie Ford – Wayfaring Stranger
17 November 13
Good post about one of the many poster session abstracts from the 2013 American College of Rheumatology Scientific Sessions in San Diego in October. Post is by Anet, who is another PRD (Person with Rheumatoid Disease).
22 September 13
Frivolity: Today is Hobbit Day! It is Frodo and Bilbo Baggins’ birthday!
12 September 13
Air Force cracking down on Christians
Circuit Court Judge Bars Jewish Man from His Own Trial then Finds Him Guilty in Dispute Over Right to Wear Head Covering in Courtroom
So, how should Christians react to these kinds of things? Do you think these are examples of religious persecution?
Should Christians have to go “into the closet” or into catacombs? Should Jewish men have to hide their observance by not wearing tallit (with or without tzitzit [fringes]), not wearing a kippah or yarmulke? Should Jewish women have to avoid wearing sheitel or Tichel?
What do you think?
19 July 13
I am referring people to || this location || for a discussion of transgenderism and school children. “Being Schooled About Transgenders” discusses the cases of Coy Mathis and “Kathryn” – two children who from toddlerhood identified themselves as members of the opposite sex. Now, they want to use the bathroom of the opposite gender (they haven’t undergone sex-change surgery, of course – too young!)
The author, Janice Shaw Crouse, Ph.D. She points out that toddlers and pre-schoolers right on through high school will “test the limits.” Giving in to these testing the limits behaviors will make the child insecure. Enforcing the appropriate limits will make the child more secure.
She goes on to say: “Brain research shows that during adolescence there is tremendous growth in the brain. As I noted in my book Children at Risk, Dr. Jay Giedd, chief of brain imaging in the child psychiatry branch at the National Institute of Mental Health said, “It’s sort of unfair to expect [teens] to have adult levels of organizational skills or decision-making before their brains are finished being built.” Indeed. Yet psychologists and psychiatrists are encouraging not just teens, but children as young as four and five years of age, to deny their gender and, perhaps, start taking life-altering hormones before puberty.”
Her final conclusion? “There are so many questions and areas that present pitfalls regarding this issue that it seems schools should stay out of transgendering altogether. Perhaps if schools focused on teaching the necessary basics and avoided eagerly following the latest pseudo-scientific fads, children would be better prepared for life by the time they graduate. But then, those pushing their warped progressive ideology wouldn’t be able to experiment on them.”
Sounds like a winner to me!
18 August 12
“I know most everyone has seen this by now, but it really is that important that it needs to be played on a continual loop from now through November 6. One of the things noticed by the 47% of the nation that voted for John McCain in 2008 was that maybe it was not the brightest of ideas to make a guy who clearly hates America and feels that our entire nation is founded on social injustice, Commander in Chief of our armed forces. Well, as it turns out, some of the folks charged with keeping our nation secure have come to that very same conclusion. The media went nuts and prosecuted Scooter Libby for not outing Valerie Plame, who outed herself by blabbing to a newspaper for the purposes of swaying an election. Now we have a case of Barack Obama blabbing out National Security secrets for the purposes of swaying an election. One major difference between the two events so far is that Barack Obama’s verbal diarrhea has cost the lives of at least Seal Team Six, and quite possibly more.” [MORE]
- November is coming! – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Special Operations Speaks to Bob Beckel: “Say it to my face” (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- BYRON YORK: Will GOP demand Plame-style leak investigation? A lot of lawmakers, both Democrats a… (pjmedia.com)
2 August 12
I can’t recommend it enough! If you really think your speaking patterns and usage don’t matter, read this article! THIS is what the people who are hiring are thinking!
23 February 12
We are having very sad days. Our 17 year old cat is very ill and is dying. Some days he doesn’t even eat or drink anything. Other days he will lap a little chicken stock. He won’t eat his special food, so I found some Fancy Feast chicken foods that he will eat some of occasionally. He has lost over 1/2 his weight.
But he stills climbs into our laps and purrs. He doesn’t seem to be in pain – just very weak. So we hold him in our laps and pet him very gently. He has a special chair that he likes and can still climb into. That’s where I feed him.
If he becomes painful, we will have him put down, but he seems happy and content at this point.
I can’t begin to tell you how beautiful he was at his peak. Pictures don’t do him justice. He obviously is part Burmese. He had the most luxurious coat, which he kept very shiny and neat. He was “talkative” like most of the “Asian” cats, but not as much as a Siamese.
His voice used to be really raucous, but now, he hardly squeaks.
As I type, Magnus is lying in my lap, resting his head against the keyboard and dozing. Perhaps he is slipping away, or perhaps he is simply dozing. However long we have him, we will enjoy him.
Having pets is so bittersweet – they bring such joy and companionship, but we outlive them to our grief. Magnus will cross the Rainbow Bridge soon. Whether it’s Orthodox or not, we hope we will be permitted to see him in God’s Kingdom.
It’s very sad days for us, but Emmy is a great comfort. She is so very loving, and tries to encourage Magnus to be more active – we have to stop her from time to time because her enthusiasm is a bit too much for Magnus to deal with anymore.
So we will soon be bidding Magnus, “Farewell,” and turning to God, each other, and Emmy for comfort. We will have many comforting memories of him.
1 February 12
For your friends who identify as moderates, independents, or even Democrats who have expressed disappointment with Democrat leadership…
You may be a conservative and not even know it. Do you identify with a majority of the following statements?
- The Constitution limits the federal government, and should thereby work to prevent government’s intrusion into the lives of citizens.
- Some responsibilities of government are – and should be – reserved for the President, some for Congress, some for the Supreme Court, some for the states, and some for people to work out by themselves, including by forming voluntary associations.
- It isn’t the responsibility of the President or the federal government in general to try to solve all problems.
- Changing something through law or government policy can make things worse.
- Human rights are God-given or natural, not granted by governments.
- People should be as free as possible to enjoy the fruits of their own decisions and work.
- People should generally be free to do what they want with what they own, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of other people.
- There are real differences between men and women in addition to reproductive organs.
- Both masculinity and femininity have value and contribute positively to society.
- Parents should be responsible for and have authority over their own minor children, only overridden by government intrusion when they demonstrate they are neglectful or otherwise abusive parents.
- Unless one of them is abusive, it is best that children are raised with both their mother and father who are married to each other.
- It is better that a baby be born and adopted by such a family than for the baby’s mother to have an abortion.
- If someone who practices a religion you don’t says they do or will pray for you, you respond with “thank you”, not negativity or hostility.
- People should be treated differently by government based on what they do, not their skin color, ethnicity, beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- Since immigrants choose to come here, they need to adapt enough to live by our laws and policies; we’re under no obligation to change to accommodate their traditions.
- Our nation should defend itself with force, which will sometimes involve killing people and breaking things in other countries.
If you identify with these, or a majority of them, you just may be a conservative. So will you vote accordingly with your wallet, your time, your words, and your actual votes?
- Changing the Liberal Mindset that Americans Have Unwittingly Come To Accept (politics247.wordpress.com)
- A DIVIDER, NOT A UNITER. “It is a dangerous game that Democrats play, one that requires constant ra… (pjmedia.com)